Plugins are at the core of Tenable products. Over 100,000 of these simple programs check for specific flaws to detect vulnerabilities. We’ve previously detailed what plugins are, how they work and even our favorite plugin. Today, we’re happy to share that we’ve released a completely new public plugins search.
Our goals were to:
- Combine plugin data from all our sensors (Nessus, Nessus Network Monitor, Tenable.io Web Application Scanning and Log Correlation Engine)
- Display all underlying data in each plugin that you see in each product interface
- Vastly improve search capabilities
- Improve discoverability and performance
Improved advanced search capabilities
We’ve improved search significantly. Search now supports full text searching and Apache Lucene search syntax. In the previous plugins search, you could only search on eight attributes. We’ve now expanded this to over 30 and added the ability to combine these attributes to further refine your search results.
Share your search results
Want to share search results with a colleague? We’ve added direct link support, so you can share any URL that returns search results. Here are a few examples:
- All plugins with critical severity
- Exploitable vulnerabilities published in the last 7 days
- All plugins related to Meltdown and Spectre
- Vulnerabilities in the news
- OWASP Top 10 - Injection
- IoT and SCADA plugins
- Apple iOS plugins, not Cisco IOS plugins
Thank you to our community
Our plugins search is the tool most widely used by the Tenable Community. We appreciate your feedback and are continuously making improvements. Please take a look and let us know what you think!
This article was originally published here.